Saturday, October 17, 2009

Great Easy Brownies - Don't buy a mix

Really, these are so easy and you probably have all the ingredients on hand, so throw out the brownie mix and mix up your own. I was really craving these tonight! I only made a 1/2 batch, but you might as well make a full if you are going to the trouble, just give some away as you don't want these sitting around all week! I always cut the sugar down, so this is already adjusted in the recipe. Remember when I said bacon and onions cooking smells the best? I take it back, this filled the house with a lovely chocolate aroma! I guess it just depends on your mood. Right now, it's chocolate!



Fudge Brownies makes about 24

2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 eggs, beaten
1 and 1/2 cup flour
2 cups chocolate chips - I used bittersweet, but use anything you like
1 and 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (this can be left out, but not in my house)

Microwave the butter until melted then add the sugar and stir and microwave again until hot but not boiling; you just want to melt the sugar. Mix in the cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in the rest and pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake for about 25-30 min at 350 degrees, until toothpick comes out clean. I actually like them a little undercooked. Let cool (if you can stand it) and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment