Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cranberry Sauce that packs a punch!

While I was in Abilene I did a preview of Thanksgiving dinner for my mom and her friends with all the trimmings. One thing that is big in Texas is cranberry sauce and my mom was going to just open one of those cans when I found some fresh frozen cranberries in her freezer and did this instead - it was a big hit - even with the church crowd! Tart and not too sweet. Adapted from Epicurious.

Cosmopolitan Cranberry Sauce makes about 3 cups

1 package of fresh cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vodka
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier

Mix all except the liquor in a small pan and simmer on low for about 15 min, or until pretty thick. Add the vodka and orange liquor and boil 1 min. more. Put in a glass dish or couple of martini glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve. If using martini glasses decorated the rim with a twist of orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment