Sunday, November 8, 2009

This smelled amazing too!!!


I really believe the best sense we have is the sense of smell. I do think I have a pretty sensitive nose, but for me, how something smells is really the beginning of love for me - and memory! When baking these gingerbread cakes, it was just like it was christmas, it filled SoCha with such a lovely scent - that alone is pure comfort - like a soft blanket. Anyway, these are our gingerbread cakes for our Market Supper tonight at SoCha and will be topped with a Bourbon Milk Sauce - all my mom's recipes (the bourbon addition is mine!)

My Best Gingerbread

1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup molasses
1 cup hot water

Cream butter and sugar. Add egg to combine. Mix together all the dry ingredients in one bowl and then mix the molasses and hot water together in another. Then with the mixer on low alternate dry ingredients with the wet until its together. Pour into a square pan 9x9 and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min. (sorry, I'll have to add the milk sauce later, as Jen has my copy of the recipe!) click now for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment