Saturday, January 30, 2010

I never thought I would do this!


I've had this wild hair ever since I saw Jamie Oliver make this pasta dish to try making fresh pasta myself. I mean, I can buy fresh pasta at the market, so if you had asked me a year ago I would have said - why on Earth would I want to make it myself? But of course Jamie made it look so easy! And actually it was. Time consuming, but easy. First you have to have a pasta machine roller/cutter. Then you basically take 1 egg to 100 grams of flour and whiz it in a food processor then kneed it for a few minutes. Then you just put it through the machine working your way thinner and thinner. Now, I'm letting it rest on a clean towel. Doesn't it look cute! Will let you know later if it was worth the trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment