Friday, May 28, 2010

Best Fried Chicken Sandwich EVER!



Now, I must have mentioned before that I love a good fried chicken sandwich - this was first invented by Stephen and we would take them up to our favorite naked reservoir and eat them; I mean you've gotta feel pretty comfortable in your own skin to eat a fried chicken sandwich with no clothes on - and yes, this was about 17 years ago... Anyway, now the only time I eat them is when our neighbor Ruth makes them every year for Jerry Garcia Day in McLaren Park - you'll be happy to know we keep our clothes on now. Yesterday, I found my new favorite - and it's just a hop skip and a jump across the bay bridge! Since I was starving when I stopped at Lonnie's amazing new art gallery Vessel, she sent Jasmine and I down the street to Bakesale Betty's. And what a treat! They were just about to close when we snuck in and they yelled out "only 3 chicken sandwiches left" and we snatched up 2 of them. I said to Min "do you want to share one? They look pretty big" and she looked at me like I was crazy. Now I know why - soft roll, warm crispy fried chicken breast, cabbage slaw with red onions and jalapenos - I'm hooked! They only have a couple things on the menu at a time, it's all for take-out and I didn't even see what else they had on the menu today, but I will be going back! Good thing I have fasttrack...

No comments:

Post a Comment