Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken Caesar Sandwich

This is really easy, just a slight variation on plain chicken salad. Another good use for a store bought roasted chicken. I used oven dried tomatoes that I had frozen from late last fall; you can use regular dried tomatoes in olive oil.

Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich serves 2

1/2 roasted chicken, meat pulled off
4 slices cooked bacon
about 1/3 cup mayo
1/2 teaspoon mustard
small pinch of anchovy paste
squirt of lemon juice
dash of garlic olive oil
ciabatta bread - pull out some of the insides so you can fit in the good stuff
couple romaine leaves chopped
about 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped up
fresh parmesan shavings

Mix mayo, mustard, anchovy, lemon juice and olive oil for the dressing and then mix in the chicken pieces. Lightly toast the bread and then put the chicken salad on the bottom top with tomatoes, bacon, parmesan and lettuce.


4 comments:

  1. Did all of that meat come from the same chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what you are asking... Is this some reference to my ground beef comment? If you are being sincere, then yes, they are pretty small chickens and I just use a half - you know Rich and I are light eaters! Maybe it's just that my photo makes it look huge...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt! Silly me!

    ReplyDelete