Saturday, August 21, 2010

Zucchini and Pesto - perfect combo - just add pasta

I had in the fridge zucchini, homemade pesto and on the counter some beautiful Early Girl tomatoes - my favorites! When organizing my pasta shelf the other day I found a half package of this strozzapreti - I know, I'm a food hoarder - you should see my downstairs pantry - if you are a neighbor you can easily borrow anything - mayo, mustard, beans, even sugar! Anyway, I decided to combine all these into an easy pasta dinner.

Zucchini Pesto Pasta serves 2

1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
couple tablespoons olive oil
1/2 package of pasta
about 1/3 cup pesto
2 small tomatoes, chopped
handful of parmesan
s&p

In a small saute pan heat the oil and saute the zuke slices on high, until lightly browned, just a couple min. Cook the pasta according to directions, drain and then toss with the pesto, tomatoes, zukes and a little of the pasta water to make a creamy sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and s&p to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment