Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pudding - the English way to dessert

OMG - I couldn't stop eating this! I made 1/2 a recipe, as it was only for Rich and I - but next time I'll make a whole - not that we ate the whole thing, but I could have! It was eggy, custardy, slightly sour raspberry goodness. Recipe adapted from food&wine.

Raspberry Pudding serves 4

3 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
1 and 1/4 cup cream
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups raspberries
1 & 1/2 tablespoons fine sugar (I used Allstar Organics Rose Petal Sugar)

Whisk all the eggs with the sugar, vanilla and zest in a large bowl for a few min. Whisk in the cream and then the flour until just blended. Butter a baking dish and pour about a cup into the dish a bake at 325 degrees for 10 min, or until just set. Scatter the raspberries over and sprinkle with the sugar then pour over the rest of the custard. Bake another 40 min or until the center is set. Serve when it's cooled slightly. Now, try to stop eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment