Saturday, October 9, 2010

Potatoes, Sausage and Tomatoes!

Well, originally this was going to be Potatoes Chicken and Tomatoes, but when I opened the bag of chicken from Golden Gate Meat (after only 2 days) it had the grossest smell I think I've ever encountered. Seriously, I've never known that chicken could smell like stinky foot cheese. I actually gagged. I know I am super sensitive to smells, but if something smells even slightly off it's in the dumpster for me. Well, ok, the compost bin - but you get what I mean. I was not deterred and didn't want to venture out to the grocery store again, so out of the freezer came my Prather Beef Beer Brats to the rescue! I'm sure now that this actually beats the pants off the chicken! The tomatoes smashed into the potatoes created it's own kind of ketchup and it was perfect. Sometimes out of failure comes perfection. Original recipe by Jamie Oliver - I'm on a Jamie kick lately...


Roasted Potatoes, Sausage and Tomatoes serves 2

about a pound of new potatoes
about 3/4 pound medium sized cherry tomatoes (I got a great mixed batch some ripe green, some striped and little romas)
some fresh thyme and rosemary
couple tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
s&p
Couple cooked sausages

In a saucepan cook the potatoes in salted water for about 15-20 min, you want them to be tender but not falling apart. Remove from the water and cool slightly then smash them down so they are broken and a little flat. Make a little cut in the tomatoes and then add them to the boiling water for under a min. Drain and you should just be able to easily peel off the skins. In a roasting pan put the potatoes, tomatoes, thyme, rosemary and s&p. In a little bowl whisk the olive oil and vinegar and then pour over the pan and toss to coat. Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for about 30 min, then add the sausages to get them warm and sizzling about another 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment