Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blueberry Boy Bait - how can you resist the name?



This is like a blueberry coffee cake - back in 1954 a 15 year-old girl won second place in a Pillsbury Bake-off - she named it for the effect it had on teenage boys - one bite and they were hooked! So, set out your bait and enjoy the results!

I love my old glass Cinnamon and Sugar sprinkler I got from my mom. It has little holes in the top- perfect for cinnamon toast!


Blueberry Boy Bait serves 10

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup frozen blueberries tossed with 1 tablespoon flour (Don't defrost!) or use fresh
for the topping:
3/4 cup blueberries
couple tablespoons Turbinado sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix flour with baking powder and salt. In a mixer beat butter for about 5 min then add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time and mix. Beat in the flour mixture alternating with the milk until incorporated then stir in vanilla. Fold in the blueberries and pour the batter into a greased and floured 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle over the top the 3/4 cup of blueberries and then the sugar and cinnamon. Bake for about 35-45 min at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean.

Post Note: I know blueberries are out of season right now, but I'm trying to clean out my freezer! They are such a short season that I always have bags full in my freezer for later cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment