Friday, August 10, 2012

Pasta Wow!

Let me tell you, I'm using our leftover pasta - and to great advantage with this amazing and easy pasta sauce. The pasta cooks in just 3 min straight from the freezer. I loved this so much I've made it twice now - but this time was the best - served with a fresh chopped tomato salad with basil, s&p and some olive oil. The perfect combo. I love summer!!!!

Zucchini Pasta Sauce serves 4

couple tablespoons olive oil
3-4 oz pancetta (I used bacon the second time around)
6-7 small zucchini sliced into thin rounds (I used a variety of kinds, just use smaller ones)
s&p
1/2 cup cream
few basil leaves cut in thin ribbons
1/2 cup parmesan
cooked pasta of your choice - but don't you wish you had fresh?

Cook the pancetta in the olive oil in a large sauté pan until a little browned. Toss in the zucchini and s&p generously and cook on medium low heat for about 30 min - yes, in this dish you want it cooked - that way it becomes a lovely creamy sauce! Stirring frequently then add cream and cook a couple min more. Finally add basil, parmesan and pasta and toss it all together, adding a little of the pasta water to make a creamy dreamy silky coating. Serve with a refreshing tomato salad. Heaven in your mouth!
Didn't I say I love summer - look at this amazing selection from my little farmer's market here. Next year I hope to be saying "from my garden!"


No comments:

Post a Comment