Sunday, September 13, 2015

Leftovers - your best friends.


 Yes, I do consider leftovers to be one of my best friends. And they can be yours too!  I know I've said it before but I hate to throw food out - any why do that when you can re-purpose them! I recently made my grilled chicken with mustard sauce and had a bit leftover - and then noticed a brown paper bag of little button mushrooms so I chopped them up and browned in a bit of butter then added the chopped chicken and sauce and warmed a bit. I served it over rice along with some lima beans and leeks - almost a chicken stroganoff - yummy.
Then last weekend we got a marinated tri-tip from Big John's Market and had grilled it for our friends Gary, Linda and Sarah - served along with succotash, okra fritters and tomatoes with salad cream. Sarah asked what kind of weird names were those? But she loved them! The next day while they went out on their own I sautéed some red peppers and onions and then tossed the sliced steak in to slightly warm - served alongside my potato chip focaccia it was wonderful. So don't toss it out - just get creative!
Okra fritters

No comments:

Post a Comment