Friday, September 25, 2015

Szechwan Green Beans in a New Wok

I finally broke down and bought myself a (nother) wok. And I'm so glad I did. I found this one on sale at Sur La Table - and it is a gorgeous Staub one with a really beautiful cast iron inside and gray exterior. I would leave it out on display if it didn't drive my husband crazy! This is the first recipe I made in it - Szechwan Green Beans and it was perfect! There are tons of lovely green beans at the market now so hup, hip! And no I didn't have any Szechwan peppercorns.


















Post note: I had to break down and buy another wok - I threw mine out after a few years of living in SF because the chinese food was so good and we ate it soooo much there was no reason to cook it at home. Now that I live in Healdsburg I have to make my own again. Oh well, that justifies this amazing pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment