Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Becky-wiches and Cookies for Tuesday Music


I love our Tuesday Music on the Plaza here in Healdsburg! Every Tuesday in the summer everyone puts their blankets and chairs down and gets together for food, wine and catching up - oh yeah there is music too! Last night my friend Caroline was in town for work so she got to party with us (and Uncle Sam) after!  I harvested the first 2 - yes count them - 2! Speckled Roman Tomatoes- so I cut them in half and sprinkled with some olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted at 200 degrees for about 3 hours in my little toaster oven - then with those I made the 1st of 2 sandwiches (or as our friends like to call them Becky-wiches) for our picnic. This first one was MY roasted tomatoes with mozzarella and prosciutto toasted; and the second one was pesto mayo, fresh sliced tomatoes (these I had to buy at the farmers market as my others are not quite ready yet - but soon!) mozzarella and basil both on ciabatta rolls from Downtown Creamery and Bakery. And for desert - Dark chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies - oh yeah. And Yes - this is The Best Town Ever!

"Uncle Sam" walks around every year collecting donations (and hugs) for our even more amazing 4th of July Fireworks show - Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment