Thursday, August 13, 2009

Planning ahead


One of my favorite things to do is plan an entire meal to serve to friends. So today when I asked Jen & Andre if they wanted to come to dinner on tuesday my mind started going. Actually that is kind of how I decided to start doing a blog; I was keeping a journal of past meals served, when and who to, and occasionally taking pictures of the dish as a way to remind me of what I had done. It's a great way to get inspired when you see a successful meal from the past and a good reminder to not fix the same thing for the same people. So for next tuesday - (Jen, if you are reading, close your eyes if you want it to be a surprise) I decided to make Grilled Lamb Kebabs and Greek Gazpacho (Ina's recipe from www.foodtv.com) and maybe since it is a weeknight just some fresh berries and yogurt with a little honey. (This picture is from my old journal)

Grilled Lamb Kebabs serves 4

1 lb. ground lamb - I use Andersen Ranch from Prather Ranch in the ferry building
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
sprinkle of cayenne pepper
S&P
zest of a lemon (meyer if you can get them)
1/2 cup of pistachios, chopped
To serve: salad greens, fresh mint, red onion, pitas & plain yogurt

Mix the lamb and all the top ingredients and mold onto 4 skewers so it looks like a sausage (if you have metal ones great, if not soak the wooden ones so they don't burn). Grill about 6 min. or until browned. Serve on the pitas with salad greens, mint, sliced red onions and a dollop of yogurt and a squirt of lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment