Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Special Sandwich




Now Rich, he could eat a plain ol' turkey sandwich everyday of the week; me, I need something special in a sandwich. This is one of my favorites and I made it yesterday to eat on the run during the Garden Tour. Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentis.



Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich serves 2

1- 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken (I get a roasted one from the market)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger (I use a bottled fresh ginger - so easy)
1 small head radicchio
4 slices bacon or pancetta if you have it (fry until crisp)
2 rustic deli rolls (acme) or ciabatta

Mix first 5 ingredients together then mix in the radicchio. Pull out a little of the bread insides to make it easier to hold the filling then put in the chicken salad and top with bacon. Couldn't get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment