Friday, September 18, 2009

Italian Wedding Soup - The freezer to the rescue again!













I remembered last night that I had these meatballs in the freezer, so I just quickly made this tasty soup. I happened to have a zucchini so I chopped it and sauteed along with the carrots and onions - and the cute little alphabet pasta. This is Ina Garten's recipe from Foodnetwork.


My only adjustments were that I used ground turkey breast (I don't really care for dark meat and ground chicken breast is hard to find - I'm in denial about the chicken sausage but found a good one at whole foods that they make) Also, to form the meatballs I used a small ice cream like scoop - a useful tool to have; works well for cookies too. They really browned up nicely in the oven - be sure to use the parchment paper. To freeze I just doubled the meatball recipe, cooked them and froze those separately then it was easy to do the rest of the soup on a weeknight. Would also be good with just a simple tomato sauce and spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment