Thursday, June 20, 2013

Behind on my Cookie Weeklies!


I'm just having too much fun to blog! 1st week of Tuesday Night music on the Plaza and our friends were in town from Maui - I'm trying to even remember what cookies I made it was so long ago... will get back to that later. Second week we had Sarah all to ourselves and we made some odd cookies - green tea madelines - I won't bother with that recipe - I wasn't in love. This last tuesday I made these - and it was love. Probably didn't hurt that I sandwiched them between an oozing blob of Malted Milk Chocolate ice cream - only hurts if you missed this last tuesday night!
Chocolate Chip Cookies about 48

2 and 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups chopped nuts - this week I had fresh walnuts!
14 oz of bittersweet chocolate chunks about 3 cups (I used 70% TCHO Pro drops - this was great as I put them in whole and then when the cookie dough was sliced it made these great lines of chocolate)

Whisk together the flour, salt and soda in a small bowl. In a mixer place the butter and beat in the sugars until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla until all mixed. Finally mix in the nuts and chocolate chips then divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each into a 8 in log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate over night or freeze until you are ready to bake. To bake slice into about 3/4 inch disks and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 min. I like them a little soft so just watch them. Just as good without ice cream in the middle : )
Milk chocolate TCHO malted Ice cream in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment