Sunday, October 17, 2010

My favorite Pepper Chutney


I love this recipe! My favorite way to eat it is a recipe from Jamie Oliver - in a Welsh Rarebit. Pure rapture! The fun part is going to Tierra Vegetables at the farmer's market and asking her to select a mixture of peppers for me.

Spicy Red Peppers and Red Onion Chutney

2 spicy red chilies - I took out all the seeds and membrane
5 Red Gypsy peppers
1 large red onion
olive oil
sprig of fresh rosemary, couple bay leaves and stick of cinnamon
s&p
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Finely chop onions and saute with some salt and olive oil for about 30 minutes. Then finely chop the peppers and add to the pot with the spices and herbs and cook about another 30 min. You want it to be pretty caramelized. Then add the vinegar and sugar and cook another 25 min. until thick. Water bath can for 10 min.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds Great, and easy! If I make any recipes from the round-up it will be this one, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I love chutneys and a spicy one is perfect! Nice color too!

    ReplyDelete